Best Food Options at California Adventure
And don’t forget, when you book a Southern California vacation package with Get Away Today, save an additional $10 when you use my exclusive promo code, Carltonaut10.
Mobile Ordering at Disney California Adventure Park
By now, you probably know about Mobile Ordering. But do you know how easy it is to use? Before you head to Disneyland, download the free Disneyland app. Create a Disney account and link a credit or debit card to it.
Once you’re in the Resort, use the app to sort through Mobile Order restaurants and quick-service vendors. In the app, you can modify your menu selections and pre-pay for items that you’ll then pick up during your selected window of time. Mobile Orders have their own separate pick-up area, often providing much shorter wait-times than the traditional stand-by line.
Desserts, Snacks and Treats at California Adventure Park
- Clarabelle’s Hand-Scooped Ice Cream: Home of the infamous “Kitchen Sink” sundae. But, you can also opt for single-serve menu items like hand-dipped ice cream bars. Clarabelle’s scoops up flavors including vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, mocha almond fudge, and cookie dough. Fill a sugar or waffle cone, or enjoy your sundae in a dish. Clarabelle’s is located on Buena Vista Street, which is the main boulevard inside the entrance to Disney California Adventure.
- Award Wieners: Enjoy a variety of hot dogs such a chili, all-beef, plant-based, bacon-topped and more. Sides include funnel cake fries and cheesy “corn” fries. Located on Hollywood Boulevard, you’ll find Award Wieners as you make your way toward The Hyperion Theater.
- Schmoozies!: Also in Hollywood Land is Schmoozies!. When you need a quick pick-me-up, Mobile Order a smoothie, Caffe mocha or iced latte.
- Adorable Snowman Frosted Treats: When you’re ready for a refreshing treat, stop by the Adorable Snowman’s ice cream stand in Pixar Pier! You can mobile order one of the delicious “It’s Lemon!” soft-serve desserts and prepay for faster pickup. They have a number of menu options, including chocolate, vanilla, and swirls, all of which will help you cool off on a warm day at Disneyland. Plus, this treat spot overlooks the Incredicoaster.
Grills and Cafes for Heartier Meals
- Flo’s V-8 Cafe: In Cars Land, you can find a parking spot to enjoy a delicious slice of Americana at Flo’s. You’ll feel like you’ve stepped right into the Cars movie whether you sit outside by the gas pump replicas or inside the 50s-style diner. Enjoy items like scrambled eggs with bacon, classic burgers, cobb salad or fried chicken.
- Lucky Fortune Cookery: This eatery is located in the Pacific Wharf area of California Adventure. With Asian-inspired dishes such as ramen, rice bowls, and potstickers, you’ll find something for everyone.
- Pacific Wharf Cafe: Also located on the Wharf, you’ll love the sourdough, salads and cheesy macaroni available here. For dessert, order up Mickey-shaped treats or seasonal items including bread pudding.
- Paradise Garden Grill: If you’re looking for yummy Mexican-inspired food, use Mobile Ordering at Paradise Garden Grill. Across Paradise Bay from Adorable Snowman Frosted Treats, taste your way through burritos, tacos, quesadillas, and even a house-made horchata.
- Smokejumpers Grill: Enjoy lunch or dinner from Smokejumpers Grill. It’s in the Grizzly Peak area of Disney California Adventure Park. Mobile Order American fare ranging from mac and cheese to veggie burgers. An assortment of cheese and chili fries add to their savory menu selections, and you can also order desserts like s’mores and ice cream shakes.
Restaurant Reservations at Disney California Adventure Park
For dining experiences, you know you want to have in Disney California Adventure Park, consider making advance registrations before you travel. Via the Disneyland app you can look for available times up to 60 days in advance.
- Carthay Circle Restaurant: This popular eatery is located on Buena Vista Street. Carthay Circle Restaurant offers old Hollywood ambiance and elevated menu selections. For lunch or dinner, enjoy savory selections including filet mignon, shrimp and creamy tomato soup. Desserts include ice cream, cake or push-pops. Frozen Dining Package: You can combine your elegant meal with priority seating for Frozen – Live at the Hyperion.
- Lamplight Lounge: For Pixar-themed decor, head to Lamplight Lounge on Pixer Pier. With both a lounge and a restaurant, you’ll find something for everyone. Upstairs you can enjoy shareable meals and specialty drinks. Downstairs you can opt for brunch, lunch and dinner menus.
- World of Color Dessert Party or Dining Package: World of Color Dessert and Dining options are available at a few different restaurants in Disney California Adventure Park. Book either one (dessert or dinner) separately. If you’d like to combine a delicious meal or treats with priority seating for the nighttime World of Color show, consider making advance reservations at one of the participating locations:
Wine Country Trattoria: lunch or dinner
Carthay Circle Restaurant: lunch or dinner
Storytellers Cafe: dinner buffet
Character Dining at Disney California Adventure Park
Are you familiar with Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa? This Disneyland Resort Hotel is located in Disney California Adventure Park and has its own exclusive entrance to the Park. Whether you’re a guest of the hotel or not, you can reserve Character Dining experiences here or simply enjoy the variety of restaurants available.
- Disney Princess Breakfast Adventure: Make advance reservations at Napa Rose restaurant to enjoy a meal with the Disney Princesses. Up to 60 days before you travel, use the Disneyland app to check for available times and start prepping for this amazing adventure. Seasonal dishes created by Chef Andrew Sutton add to the magical experience of dining with table-side visits from some of your family’s favorite Disney Characters. Princess-themed activities are offered with the three-course breakfast, as well as photo opportunities. Disney Princess Breakfast Adventure includes five hours of complimentary parking and children under three eat free.
- Mickey’s Tales of Adventure Breakfast Buffet: Enjoy a breakfast or brunch buffet at Storyteller’s Café in Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel. With advance reservations, you can add this Disney Character dining experience to your vacation. In addition to buffet items, you can enjoy made-to-order dishes such as omelets and Mickey waffles. Brunch menus typically include delicious cuisine including both breakfast and lunch fare.
Book with Get Away Today and Save
Check out these dining options and more on your next Disneyland Resort vacation! You can always get expert advice from the travel specialists at Get Away Today to help you decide where to eat and how to make advance reservations.
Check out all vacation packages at www.getawaytoday.com or call 855-GET-AWAY for personalized assistance. Let them know Carltonaut’s Travel Tips sent you, and don’t forget to save an additional $10 when you use code Carltonaut10.